Available Construction Jobs
Class 1 Driver/Equipment Operator
Join our team
- Be a representative of LOCAL in our facilities, in the community and on client sites.
- Preform daily maintenance and inspections of trucks and equipment.
- Completion of daily logs and required transportation and safety documentation.
- Roll-off bin delivery and exchanges between our facility and client sites.
- Conformance with all LOCAL and client protocols/regulations while preforming assigned duties.
- Ensure all loads are secure and safe for transport.
- Physical requirement to be able to lift 25-50 pounds in order to secure loads, rig bins and equipment.
- Operate heavy equipment as needed to load/offload trucks, bins and trailers.
- Operate heavy equipment for yard maintenance and operations.
- Be flexible and help solve problems with changing needs of the client and company.
- Be welcoming of additional responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
- MUST follow all applicable Provincial and Federal transportation laws.
- Must have valid Class 1 License with Air Brake endorsement.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Minimum of 5 years Class 1 driving experience.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of metals recycling operations is considered and asset.
- Heavy equipment operating experience.
Don’t settle for anything less than LOCAL Industrial Partners. Contact us today and let’s get started!